Sunday, June 25, 2017

My Traveloka Booking Experience



     Most of us usually use reservation app or flatform online to place reservation than placing directly to property, hostel or hotel. Placing reservation through agoda.com, booking.com, hostel.com and traveloka.com can save you little cost because of their discount coupons etc (quite competitive right?)

     I wanna share my first reservation and customer service experience with traveloka.com. I usually book my hotel or hostel reservation through agoda.com and booking.com for some reasons. When I was in Royal Thai Embassy - Laos, I needed to book a hostel since I expected that I will arrive in Bangkok around 2 in the morning. I searched online the nearest hostel to the place  off my drop-off point in On Nut. Luckily, I found a good deal via Traveloka.com. 168฿  for dorm-type, fan  room and with complimentary breakfast. (Great deal right?!) But wait there's more... Traveloka gives special deal if you use their mobile app or discount coupon. I remember two days before I book my reservation I received 20% coupon discount that I used upon payment. Luckily, I was able to use the said discount coupon and I only paid 114.21฿ instead of 168฿. Whattaaa 54฿ less! It can compensate my BTS fare from On Nut Station to Victory Monument Station (42฿+ 1 bottle of Chang Mineral Water (8฿) to hydrate me. I usually do cross checking through different website to score good deal and ofcourse cheap accommodation. A first, I had doubt with Traveloka.com because their posted prices are too low than other website. I was in hurry while making reservation back then since I was in Thai Embassy in Laos. I purchased their wifi service for 10,000K - 5 minutes. Imagine it's just for 5 minutes and you need to pay 20 ฿ which you can buy 3 sticks of pork b-b-cue when you got back in Thailand. Anyhow, I paid 10,000K for 5 minute wifi service. I didn't check thoroughly  all the information I put on the reservation until my hotel voucher had been forwarded to my email. GEEEZZZ!! I was surprised because my name on the voucher they forwarded 'Ceds Ceds".




Since I only had few minutes I contacted them through their Chat Support. Thank you Eugene for your assistance and help! They fixed my name and issued new hotel voucher without paying any cost! Yes, you read it! They modified my reservation without paying any cost! I would probably use Traveloka.com again to my near future travels and I highly suggest this booking flat form guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment